A notelet for a friend who has a surname of viking origin. I thought this was appropriate and fun to make.
Black Card Stock
Paperado Chocolate Card Stock
Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Sketchy A6 Stamp Set - Be Strong Stamp
Ranger Archival Jet Black
1) Cut a rectangle of watercolor paper that allows for a 1cm border on the card base.
2) Load the long ship stamp with the archival black ink and stamp it so that it is about 1/3rd of the way from the bottom of the paper, set aside and allow to dry.
3) Next load up the celtic circle with the black ink and stamp it once onto the watercolour paper.
4) Using the landscape aquatint inks apply the dark blue as the start of the sea, then layover it with the green, adding a further payer of the dark blue
5) Use the light blue to create the sky, use the faux bleaching technique to create the clouds. Allow to dry and then "squash" flat using heavy books.
6) Using water pens colours the celtic circles with the dandelion ink, and add a highlight in aged mahogany (water this down first)
7) Returning to the ship, use the frayed burlap to highlight the loops of the sails and then highlight with yellow.
8) Use the gather twig to cover the boat, darker at the front and paler towards the back
9) Use vintage photo and gathered twigs to create the shields on the boat.
10) Matt a black background onto a white card and then cut a piece of paperado chocolate that is 1cm less the width and the breadth and matt this on to the card.
11) Cut the celtic circle into quarters and then add to the corners of the ship scene
12) Matt the ship with corners on to the brown background leaving roughly 5mm at the top, bottom and both sides.